Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The third day

Today was my favorite day so far. The experiences provided me with new perspectives and better opinions. A lot of today was full of shock and surprise. One of the things that shocked me the most was the way the border is set up. Before going there I pictured the border as flat open land surrounded by desert. I was not expecting to see a wall right down the middle of two cities. Cleaning the desert was an eye opening experience. I think it's hard to imagine what immigrants go through until you see what they carry with them and leave behind. Some of the things that surprised me the most were the children's items. Specifically a princess backpack. This made me realize that it's not only adults making the journey. Young children are there too. I hope to have similar experiences tomorrow that really helped me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment